add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Monitor enter power saving mode right when I turn on my pc.

FelixNorris
  • 14 months ago

My computer froze today, I attached a picture of it. Ever since then right when I start up my computer, the monitor goes straight to Entering Power Save Mode. I've tried using a display port, a hdmi cord, 2 different monitors. I've also tried plugging the hdmi/DP into my motherboard graphics. Nothing is seeming to work. When my computer froze these little green bug looking this appeared(as you can see in the picture). I read that I should unplug my RAM and plug it back in, and also try starting with only one stick of ram plugged in, that did not work either. I would love any help, please tell me it is an easy fix because I have no money. Haha thanks! https://gyazo.com/7ebdf7ce719087526fcb137cd4fe5042

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

make sure your GPU is getting enough power, if it is, RMA it

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Based on the information and the picture I would say it is either a monitor issue or a GPU issue. You mentioned that you tried different monitors, did the problem persist along all of the monitors? Can you post a parts list? Like eesti said it seems like a power issue. It could be that the power cable is not plugged in all the way, the cable is shorting somewhere, or the PSU is not providing enough power.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes the 2nd monitor I used did not work either.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

This seems like a GPU problem. You will need to Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) it. This means that you will send the card back in and they will provide you with one that works. It should be free (depending on where you are you might have to pay shipping) because it was a hardware problem caused by general usage (at least I assume). If you go to the manufacturer website you should be able to enter a chat with someone to get an RMA started.

Sometimes PSU's can deteriorate from just general usage to the point where they don't supply the appropriate voltages. This can happen to other parts as well. In this case the most likely cause is that a memory chip on your GPU just deteriorated to the point that it doesn't function properly.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=37467808 These are all the parts I put into my pc. What do you mean by RMA it and how do I do it? For the last 2 years nothing wrong has happened, could my PSU lost power somehow?, I tightened all of the cables earlier and that did not seem to work.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

CPU - I7-6700k 16 GB 3200 RAM GPU - Gtx 1080 Rog STRIX GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 MOBO 2560x1440p@144hz monitor

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube