add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

lots of leaks about 16 core ryzen 9's

alexttt

8 months ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCdsTBsH-rI

5.1ghz 16/32 for less than a 9900k

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 4 points

r/ayymd approves.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Ayyyyyyy

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

If true will be interesting, as he says himself take with a grain of salt. But it true, AMDs lineup will be very impressive next year. To be honest they have done a smashing job with Ryzen in general imo from where they were few years ago.

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

I'm having a hard time believing a 16 core consumer Ryzen that hits 5.1GHz for 3rd generation.

Though I do expect to see 16 cores on the consumer platform sooner than later.

Lol oh, it's Adored. Taking this with a pound of salt then.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

why thats less then 25% faster and its 7nm plus a diferent fab

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

There are a lot of misconceptions surrounding what that number means and represents. It's mostly marketing these days as manufacturers generally use the "minimum feature size" in their naming.

http://www.10stripe.com/articles/what-does-process-size-mean.php

Never mind the fact that 16 cores running at 5.1GHz is going to produce a good amount of heat, even after increasing efficiency and potentially lowering clock for clock power consumption.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

it will probly run a little hotter than a non intel stock 9900k

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol I'd imagine more than "a little".

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

why if its tdp is 135 watts that not much more

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

its also basicly a 8086k lots of the best binned chips for a limited release

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

8086K is 6 cores. That's less than half of 16. 3/8ths to be specific.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

i meant its the best binned 8700ks realse as an aniversery edition

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

That still has nothing to do with 16 cores running at 5.1GHz.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

i mean they would be the absolute best binned chips so realy fast and lower power consumption

[comment deleted]
  • 8 months ago
  • 1 point

That's more believable. But I ignore single core boost clocks because that's just irrelevant to me. I want to know how it runs with at least 8 cores working hard.

[comment deleted]
  • 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Basically lol. I mean, it can be helpful in certain situations, but it's definitely not what should be advertised front and center.

Tell me it hits 4.5GHz on 16 cores with a cheap stock cooler and I'll be more impressed haha.

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

Sad that I can't wait for 2019, seems like a superb year for PC hardware

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points
  • Ryzen 3
  • 3300 | 6c/12t | 3.2 | 4.0 | 50w | $99.99
  • 3300x | 6c/12t | 3.5 | 4.3 | 65w | $129.99
  • 3300g | 6c/12t/15cu | 3.0 | 3.8 | 65w | $129.99
  • Ryzen 5
  • 3600 | 8c/16t | 3.6 | 4.4 | 65w | $179.99
  • 3600x | 8c/16t | 4.0 | 4.8 | 95w | $229.99
  • 3600g | 8c/16t/20cu | 3.2 | 4.0 |952 | $199.99
  • Ryzen 7
  • 3700 | 12c/24t | 3.8 | 4.6 | 95w | $299.99
  • 3700x | 12c/24t | 4.2 | 5.0 | 105w | $329.99
  • Ryzen 9
  • 3800x | 16c/32t | 3.9 | 4.7 | 125w | $449.99
  • 3850x | 16c/32t | 4.3 | 5.1 | 135w | $499.99

current leak table, IMO IF these numbers hold up this will be very impressive

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Surprised He didn't cover the rumor that 3000 series and X570 are going to be PCI-e Gen 4.0 only.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

he did in an eirlier video

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Never mind must have missed that.

Going to be interesting though with two AM4 sockets running around.

But don't overhype his "Leaked" info those are all old exoscale APU replacements models AMD has been presenting for research and A.I. work.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

But, really does it matter in gaming? PCI 2.0 vs 3.0 might still be pointless other than the 2600K/2700k is like the best gaming CPU you can buy with 2.0. Last time I looked into the difference they said PCI 2.0 still wasn’t fully utilized to its fullest potential. Given it was back when the GTX titan (original) was first released. I'd assume holding onto the old X370/X470 boards will make very little difference with pairing it with a PCI 4.0 GPU.

Positive that AMD might be the first to released a PCI 4.0. AM3 rocked PCI 2.0 up until 2017 when ryzen was released. If I remember correclty the FX series chips only supported 2.0 but boards were released with 3.0?

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

But, really does it matter in gaming?

Gaming No backwards and forwards compatibility Yes.

Especially for things like storage and I/O lanes, 4.0 they can use half the lanes for the same storage and I/O, problem is on the older platform those halved lanes are now running at 3.0 speeds and you only have half the USB and storage connectivity.

4.0 can be split into older Gen lanes but the older Gen products are going to see 4.0 lanes as the highest supported Gen.

So all your USB and PCI-e gets downgraded a level or two.

And that is even if they can make the current pin layout work with Gen 4.0 and the internal physical layout changes.

I'd assume holding onto the old X370/X470 boards will make very little difference with pairing it with a PCI 4.0 GPU.

Navi is actually rumored to be the first Gen 4.0 product.

If I remember correclty the FX series chips only supported 2.0 but boards were released with 3.0?

Kaveri and later APU on FM2+ had 3.0 they were AMD's first 3.0 on the primary x16 graphics slot, but even AM4 isn't a full Gen 3.0 platform yet.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Can you clarify further what you mean here please

Especially for things like storage and I/O lanes, 4.0 they can use half the lanes for the same storage and I/O, problem is on the older platform those halved lanes are now running at 3.0 speeds and you only have half the USB and storage connectivity.

4.0 can be split into older Gen lanes but the older Gen products are going to see 4.0 lanes as the highest supported Gen.

So all your USB and PCI-e gets downgraded a level or two.

Not read up on 4.0 spec yet, but from your post everything just sounds largely negative to be frank which is odd to me imo. Sounds like what your saying is AMD are making a dumb move by moving to PCIe 4.0. Can you expand or provide a source where you got your info from so I can delve deeper into 4.0 spec by any chance please. Interested to start learning about it. Thanks

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-3000-specs-prices-leaked-upto-16-cores-5-1ghz-on-am4/

Link to article. Also leaked is a RX 3060 at about 1060 performance for $130, a RX 3070 with 1070 performance for $200, and 3080 with more than 1080 performance for $250. Combined with the 3600x, a 5 ghz 8 core for $200 this seems almost good to be true, but with intel delaying 10 Nm and no idea with their head (and prices) in the clouds I’m glad to see some sense in this market.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

wccftech gets plenty wrong and really doesn't seem to be more accurate than a good guess.

There are a few things we can be pretty sure of with Zen2:

Every die will contain a maximum number of cores as a multiple of 4. So the ALU will either have 4 or 8 cores, the [GPUless] CPU will have a max of 8 or 12 or 16 cores. I suspect 8 makes the most sense (but it wouldn't make sense to match the ALU, and that marketing segmentation will cause the most headaches on drawing the line. The other thing is that they are doing chiplets for a reason (they are presumably terrified of low yields in 7nm) and are probably going to go with 4 (ALU) & 8 (CPU) or even less (and use chiplets for anything bigger).

AMD could fairly easily whip up a "R9" and/or "threadripper" by making simply leaving off chiplets from an Epyc CPU. There's no way they will ignore that option when building Epyc out of chiplets.

It is unknown if they will use chiplets or normal design for consumer devices. I wouldn't be too surprised if the ALU winds up being the only monolithic zen2 design they make, although perhaps devices similar to zen[1]/zen+ (8 core CPU and 4 core ALU) with the option of using chiplets for bigger core counts. I'd have a hard time drawing a line on how many cores the GPUless CPU should have.

It's all but certain that Navi won't be a chiplet design (or at least not spread over more than one chiplet). I'm sure everyone at AMD will wonder would have happened if they could simply slap down 8 chiplets and mix and match Zen2 and Navi (actually everybody knows what would happen: failure. But that doesn't satisfy the wild fanboy).

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

why would they do 4 core chiplets they are doing 8 for epic so it would make much more sense

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I’m actually expecting a 6 core chiplet instead, it would push the bar but also not be too crazy.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

but why then the top end 16 cores would suck because of latency and they would need to perduce 2 types of chiplets

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

They'd have to pretty much redesign Zen to get anything other than a multiple of 4 (except for all I know zen2 could be stuck with multiples of 8). They may produce an "extended chiplet" that can be used as an 8 core consumer zen, and possibly a Raven Ridge design.

Best guess is that they don't want to build anything significantly larger than a chiplet (in 7nm), that's nearly all the reason to go with chiplets in Epyc to begin with (unless they finalize the design after learning 7nm works better, but I'm guessing that tapeout happens far too early for that. I want my 7nm zen!).

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

8-cores is a fully enabled chiplet.

Figure on major issues from a first generation process and architectural design, coupled with EPYC gets first dibs on the best production, and you will have plenty of failed cores on chiplets for Ryzen production with lower core counts.

• 8 months ago
  • 0 points

Hey if you want to dis us AMD fanboys how’s 10 nm going over there at intel? I even heard it would include a free game: half life 3

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Personally, I "dis" any and all fanboys.

These companies don't care about you, just your money :p

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

AMD has done a good job with lower prices and overall being better for the consumers, while intel has been stuck on the same architecture for the last 4 gens and refuses to reduce the prices when manufacturering costs go down.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

It's a valid strategy when you need to regain market share and make more sales, which in turns means more money for the company. Business 101.

Businesses exist to make profit, especially in the tech industry. Put too much faith in a company and you end up burnt. AMD has shady things in their history too, people just forgot/ignore it.

As I said, AMD, Intel, Nvidia, Gigabyte, EVGA, etc., etc. don't care about you. They care about your money.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube