add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

MSI RX 570 ARMOR and Corsair VS600 Compatibility

remilia_owo
  • 14 months ago

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/dXx6dX That's the build I want to have for this christmas But apparently, the VS600 and 570 aren't compatible... My cousin, who sold me his VS600 for only 40$, has a Asus Strix 1080 and has a 8pin+6pin, it works fine and the 570 only has one 8 pin... Why does it says they're not compatible? I don't wanna buy another psu Also, sorry if my english is bad :///

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

I would not suggest using the vs series with any computer that has a gpu

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

The VS 600 isn't exactly a fire hazard (the VS 400 is pretty bad kek) though he could get a better power supply.

If he wants to power it, he can get 2x6 pin to 8 pin power connector adapter to use it.

Also no one mention that the hyper 212 evo wont fit in his case.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're sure that the VS has enough power outputs, you can give it a try. That's not a particularly good PSU though.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

According to the specs for that PSU it only has 2 PCI-Express 6-Pin Connectors and that GPU requires an 8-pin connector.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

It has one 8xpin and one 6xpin and I'm 100% sure about it... I guess I'll try and buy another psu if it doesnt work :/

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

If it does then the write-up on PCPP is wrong and there is a way to report that on your part list.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

OOOOOOOOOOOOH I JUST REMEMBERED WHEN HE BUILT IT HIS 1080 HAD A DUAL 6 PIN TO 8 MIN

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube