add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Boot from external USB without BIOS access

noVideoDisplay

14 months ago

Hi Need to create a bootable USB stick using UnetBootin. Once I have the USB startup created, how do I force my PC to boot from it?

I CANNOT access the bios because there is no video display currently.(my reason for creating the bootable USB stick in the first place)

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

maybe if it is the only disk plugged in it might boot from it, otherwise i dont think there is a way to do it without accessing the BIOS

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Slow down there Kimosabe. You need to fix first things first. With no video signal to your monitor no bootable USB stick in the world is going to help. And you do not access the bios with a USB stick. When you say "there is no video display" do you mean there is no signal to the monitor with no messages or blinking cursors? It's just blank right? Put together a build list so the people trying to help at least have an idea of what you are looking at and may suggest diagnostic options.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube