add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Windows Home Full/OEM

zachirl

6 months ago

First and foremost, which would be better for a brand new PC (No OS)? Secondly, what comes in the package (Either or Both)? Thirdly, How would I download the OS? How do I get it on the computer when I'm in the build?

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Retail comes on a usb drive and the license is transferable to a future pc down the road. OEM comes on a DVD and the license is not transferable to new hardware.

You can use the license key you buy and download windows directly from Microsoft. You would use their tool to create the media on a blank dvd or usb drive you already own.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Retail would probably be more convenient, but either version would work.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

you could also just use the windows tool to create the media and install it. Once installed there will be an option to purchase the license through Microsoft to fully activate it.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you very much

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube