add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Pc Fans dont work on the case or on the cards

papadjent

14 months ago

So about a year ago I bought https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MRZCI25/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 that pc. For the past six months I have had fan issues and from what I can tell online most people say to replace the power supply. I dont know a whole lot about pcs and was hoping to get some insight into a PS or whatever else I can do. Thank you!

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you saying the system turns on but the fans don't? Or are you saying nothing turns on? Before buying new stuff give more detail about what the system is and is not doing.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

pc turns on, fans act like they dont have enough power to run. sometimes they will run sluggish and almost pulse

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

it could be a fan curve that has them off when they are under a certain temperature. do they spin again if you put load on them?

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

if I push it with like a pen or something they will act like they want to spin around but then just stop again

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

prebuilts are known for sometimes using bad power supplies, maybe something is wrong with it (?)

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Ive looked this model online and alot of people said that it has a junky powersupply and cpu but not really sure what I would put in

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay, first thing to look at is the fan speed setting. The factory may have set them to run at slowest speed so system is quiet. Since they are older now and probably cheap they need a little more juice to get moving properly. Pictures are kind of dark, is there any kind of external fan controller? If not you'll need to adjust speed within the bios if the fans are PWM. Do you know how to get into the bios by mashing delete key when you power up? Could be your PSU but lets do what we can before spending money.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

I dont see any external fan controller on it. And I looked in bios but wasnt really sure what I was looking for lol

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

If you have the MSI Bazooka B250M motherboard you can download "MSI Command Center" and adjust fans speeds with it.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

i have an MSI motherboard and if you click "fan info" you can adjust the fan curves for cpu and case fans

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I just checked I have that mobo ill download that and see if that helps also my psu is thermaltake 600w, not sure if that is a bad one or not

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

downloaded command center and it says it isnt supported by the mainboard

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube