add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New system can't handle a Blu Ray drive?

Jaselnewpar

14 months ago

Hey all -

I just built this: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KrCtbX

It kicks on for a split second - Fans kick, lights flash, but then it just goes dark and nothing happens when i keep trying the power or reset button until I remove power from the PSU and try again.

The weird part is, that when I remove the Blu Ray drive from the PSU the system boots normally.

Any experience or suggestions with this issue will be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 3 points

Did that PSU come with more than one SATA cable? If it didn't, what are you using for the second one? You can't just use any random cable with any PSU, sometimes they are specific pin-outs. or... There could be a problem with the Blu Ray drive.

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

I think you're on to something. It didn't come with a power cable for any additional devices so I pulled one from a system I built last year - a left over - same company though. However the cables that came with the current PSU say type 4, and though they are both 6 pin connectors, the contacts are in different spots. Good catch... Now to find one that matches a "type 4"

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

You can get a SATA power splitter. A single power connection from the PSU can handle 3 devices easy.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep BR drive, try in another system if you can.

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

try using a seperate sata power cable

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, each peripheral is using it's own power cable - SATA has one, Vid card, 2 mobo, and video card - all individual power cables.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube