add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NZXT H500i Case fans run at max speed when PC is shut down

akayds

14 months ago

Hey,

I cannot find any answer to this problem. H500i case fans are running at full speed when I shut down the PC, it stays at full speed untill I boot the PC. The RGB lights on the CPU cooler and GPU are also on when shut down. Already tried to update bios and reset it. I think the issue is with the "smart device" that comes integrated with the case but I could be wrong. Please help me solve this issue.

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

try turning off the PSU when you turn off the system

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes turning off the PSU will turn off everything. Still not normal to not be able to shut down the PC normally without fans going crazy.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

I think the issue is with the "smart device" that comes integrated with the case.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Try installing the NZXT CAM software and see what it says. I had weird fan behaviour in my H200i but it settled down after first launching CAM and setting a fan profile.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube