add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
FunSnaps

14 months ago

Hi, I have a Ryzen 5 2600 on an Aorus B450 Mobo, I'm just worried about the temp of the cpu as the corsair link software shows that it sits around 90-95C is this normal?

UPDATE; I checked the bios and the CPU temp is at 40C and I am now confused which one to believe please help XD

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

if you are checking when in the bios it will be low since the CPU is mostly doing nothing at that time. 40 sounds high for that even. You can't use that value since under load it would go higher. 90-95°C is very hot though and you should not be running it like that for extended periods. Try some other monitoring software to be sure, and check out your CPU cooling. Also, when it is at 95 degrees what are you doing? Is that at idle and nothing going on or when doing some heavy processing.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

mostly gaming, but ill have a look at the hardware after I check and install the software mentioned above Thanks guys :D

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah 90-95c is definitely not where it should be even under load. You'll probably want to take the cooler off and check the cooler itself and the thermal paste.

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

Google HWmonitor, its free and checks most system components.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

I Installed HWmonitor the temps are fine, I'll post a screenshot if its possible here after finishing a match of bo4 to stress it out a bit.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube