add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How do I set iCUE settings as defaults?

fayerokko
  • 14 months ago

I like the temperature of 70 - 75°c of my i5 6600k when under 100% load. But that is when I manually switch on extreme mode for fan and pump on iCUE. I'm currently using h100i v2. So the question is can i keep the fan and pump settings in anyway, even after I've uuninstalled the program? Because I don't like opening the program every time after startup to get 45°C. Without the program my cpu will run around 50 - 58°c when idle :(

I hate this fuxking cooler man I won't ever buy liquid coolers again

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Corsair's software is total ****. It works but you need a masters in phycology to figure WTF they were thinking. I've been using it for a long time and still say WTF every time I try and do something with it. When you select the fan curve it should save your settings automatically. You can connect the fans to your motherboard and set the fan curve that way depending what motherboard you are running.

HOWEVER!! Even with the fans on low your idle temps should not be that high. You might want to consider reseating the CPU block with some new thermal compound and see if that helps your idle temps. Make sure you press it down evenly and keep it firmly in place while you tighten the screws down. Don't let Corsair turn you off of AIO coolers they are a better cooling option IMO.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

i reapplied the thermal paste 2 times and im still getting those temps

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

What RPMs are you getting for the pump? On extreme mine is around 2700. Pump RPM does not make much diff for temps but should be 1k or above. Obviously fan speed is important.

In iCue click the AIO icon at the top. Click performance on the left then click "extreme" in the drop down. Click pump and any fans you have connected. Close, reboot and check if settings were saved. That's how I do it and the settings are saved.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube