• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Koslammer 3 months ago

I got a EKWB AL kit on my 1080 Ti and get a max temp of about 61C is this normal?

Comments Sorted by:

Radox-0 5 Builds 2 points 3 months ago

That is pretty warm for a loop. I would certainly check the mounting. Similarly, what are you cooling in the loop, how much rad capacity do you have etc?

My main area to look into would be the temperature of the water itself rather then the GPU block, but imagine you do not have a temp sensor for that?

Koslammer submitter 1 point 3 months ago

No im cooling a 8700k and the 1080 ti with a 240mm rad not the crazy thick ones tho

Radox-0 5 Builds 1 point 3 months ago

Right, well then that will partially be a reason. That is a slim radiator having to manage both the 1080Ti and 8700k dumping heat into it, fair bit of heat under load for a thin 240mm to manage, more so if the fan's are not ramped up and the fact that's a mediocre 240mm rad in general (I have one but in non - AL version in a large)

I would ensure the pump is a decent speed and ramp up the fan's. Check the GPU block is also mounted properly. Does the radiator have decent airflow to it?

Kakarotto 1 point 3 months ago

No, not really.

I have the EVGA SC2 AIO cooler on my 1080ti and it hits 55c at the most.

That is unless you have a very high overclock on the card. Mine Turbos up to about 1911mhz.

Kakarotto 1 point 3 months ago

I would suggest checking to make sure the intake hose is going into the correct port. Some block designs designate an intake and out port.

I use and older Black Ice GTX 360 radiator but I only have my CPU on the loop. This radiator does well if I have the fans in push/pull but it suffers if I'm only pushing with 2000rpm fans, like the older Scythe Gentle Typhoon 2150. So it could be a problem with the radiator or the loop order.