add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Wi-Fi antenna on Mobo issue

DargoIronbear
  • 14 months ago

Hi. I built my PC last year at this time and have an Asus ROG Strix Z 370 E Mobo. It's been great and the WiFi antenna has worked perfectly. Was removing some built in shelves above the PC today and simply shifted the desk below the shelves, where the PC sits, while also placing the WiFi antenna on the desk. When finished woke the PC up and no wifi. Troubleshoot says diver issue or hardware disconnected. I have restarted to no avail as well as tighten the antenna contacts. No luck. Any ideas. Did I knock something lose on the Mobo? Where should I look first. Also, where should I look for a replacement antenna for the Mobo. Can't seem to find the exact one. Will need 802.11ac WiFi antenna.

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you saying something hit the antenna? If yes than you may have damaged the terminals on the motherboard. An Antenna is just a booster so to speak for your Wi-Fi. You can look for a replacement antenna on Asus' website but you could also just add a USB wireless adaptor if the motherboard was damaged.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube