add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Stupid problem with Fractal Arc Mini R2 power button

GKim

69 months ago

Hi,

This case has a power button on top in between the USBs and headphone jacks, it's really sensitive and I'm constantly accidentally tapping it and shutting my computer down.

Is there a way to make it so I need to hold the power button down for a second or two for the computer to turn off? Or is this built into the case/mobo?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• 69 months ago
  • 2 points

You can customize the behavior of the power button directly in Windows. For Windows 7 for example, go to "Control Panel/System and Security/Power Options/Choose what the power buttons do".

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I tried this, however it just gives me options like restart/hibernate/do nothing etc.

If I set the power button to do nothing, would I still be able to turn off the computer after a freeze if I hold down the power button?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube