add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Multi monitor issue.

Mitko23

14 months ago

Okay, so I recently decided to make a multi monitor trading station.

I bought GeForce 1070Ti and I run 4 monitors thru it and then I bought another NVidia Quadro K600, for the fifth monitor. I have AMD Ryzen 7 2700X so I dont have integrated video card.

So, my issue is that the Nvidia Quadro isn't reading the fifth monitor. I can see it in the control pannel and from the PhysX it shows only my 4 monitors running thru the 1070ti.

I dont need it for gaming, so i am ok with dual boot but i dont understand how does this work. I've read that u can't mix two drivers at the same time. Can you please explain?

thanks in advance

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

It's not possible to have two separate drivers loaded on the same system. You must use one driver. That driver must support both cards. If you use such a driver then you will be able to use both GPUs, at the same time, in the same system.

If you require a specific driver for your application, then it's possible that that specific driver may not support both your Quadro and your GeForce GPU.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

While there are some workloads that can benefit from multi GPU's and will support using different GPU's this is not one of them. You can't use two different video drivers (especially here) because the cards are created with a certain purpose in mind. The 1070 ti was built for gaming and the Quadro was built for raw power in tasks like AI learning, CAD, and some photo/ video editing. The drivers that each card uses is also built for the specific purpose. The 1070 ti was not meant to use a driver for a Quadro as it physically (and logically) not built for that. The problem with multi drivers in one system is that the PC can't tell which one to use with which card at any given time. If you have matching 1070 ti's then they can use the same driver and be fine.

If you don't want to purchase another 1070 ti, then your easiest solution is going to be to use something like Oracle's Virtual box (its free) to create a VM and then pass through the Quadro to this VM. That should work, but I can't guarantee anything.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

You might be able to do something with an MST hub running off the 1070 Ti. I don't have experience with those things, but I gather that the idea is that the GPU thinks there's an extra-wide screen out there and the hub splits the image across a couple monitors. (Or I could be talking nonsense, but I think it's worth a look.)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube