• No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

sannoh 2 months ago

I need a Build for my gaming rig (cousins') budget - $500

Things to Exclude - HDD/Peripherals/Windows 10

Include - Wireless Network Card/SSD

Casing type - Small (Mini) to Mid Tower similar to Corsair - 270R ATX Mid Tower Case

Thanks!

Comments Sorted by:

Crofter 5 Builds 1 point 2 months ago

Quite a challenge at that price point. But this should be a decent platform at a little over budget. Assuming you are US based.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor $89.00 @ Amazon
Motherboard MSI - B350M GAMING PRO Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $69.99 @ B&H
Memory Team - Vulcan 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $60.98 @ Newegg Business
Storage Patriot - Burst 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $31.99 @ Newegg Business
Video Card PowerColor - Radeon RX 570 4 GB RED DRAGON Video Card $144.99 @ Newegg
Case Thermaltake - Versa H17 MicroATX Mini Tower Case $39.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair - CXM (2015) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $44.99 @ Newegg
Wireless Network Adapter Asus - PCE-AC51 PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter $29.99 @ B&H
Case Fan Thermaltake - CL-F011-PL12BL-A 40.99 CFM 120mm Fan $5.49 @ SuperBiiz
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $517.41
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-13 06:48 EST-0500
ProbablyProdigy 3 Builds 1 point 2 months ago

Yeah, this would be about as good as it can get unless OP can score some things that are open-box or pre-owned. Which might be worth looking into. Also just consider that the RAM and SSD are using the Newegg Business pricing so those items will be a bit more expensive unless OP has a business account.

sannoh submitter 1 point 2 months ago

What about if I stretch the budget to 600 dollars?

Crofter 5 Builds 1 point 2 months ago

Upping budget to 600 means you get to improve one or two of following: CPU multi threaded 4/6 core, ram to 16GB or GPU 8gb version/rx580 8gb.

$700 is where you get a very decent all round 1080p system.

Out of interest, what games and monitor resolution will you need this system for? Above list is good starter for 1080p.

As Crofter mentioned, those would be things to upgrade if you increase your initial budget. Depending on your uses, I would personally try and upgrade the GPU a bit as I believe the R3 2200G is a great starter CPU and you shouldn't really require more than that if this is a first time build for 1080p gaming.

I would personally try and find a good used RX 580 and then spend the extra budget for 16GB of RAM.

sannoh submitter 1 point 2 months ago

I have a very light use on games. Not hard-core rather just normal games like they sims or csgo. Primarily uses my pc for streaming and maybe some programming

If you're wanting to stream, then I would probably say to try and get a bit more CPU. The R3 probably wouldn't handle streaming very well. If you're able to stretch the budget, try and go for the Ryzen 5 1600 since that is a 6 core / 12 thread CPU.