• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

DippedCity 1 month ago

Hello all, just a quick and simple question. I am running an AMD Ryzen 7 2700x CPU and a Gigabyte RTX 2070 Windforce 8G, with 16GB of corsair vengence @3200 MHz. on an MSI B450 Tomahawk MOBO just curious if i should look into upgrading the MOBO soon since it is a more entry level board. Thoughts?

Comments Sorted by:

Granddy 4 points 1 month ago

Why do you need a different motherboard?

Unless you want more usb 3.1, sata or pcie lines then you won't need an upgrade.

DippedCity submitter 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

I don't need one I was more inquiring about possible system bottle necking due to the lower end MOBO. I was recently talking to my sister about it, she has been building PC for about 5 years now and she was telling me that the motherboard may no be able to handle the gpu and cpu i have in there now, and may be limiting my computers performance.

Granddy 3 points 1 month ago

What

Motherboards rarely affect the performance of the parts unless you're doing some heavy overclocking and the vrms can't handle that load but that motherboard is a pretty decent b450 mobo won't have any issues handling that ryzen 7 2700x even when overclocked.

Also motherboards have no effect of how well can a single video card can run.

You're sister is either have been misinformed or believed her own lie.

DaMysteryMan 1 Build 2 points 1 month ago

Unless the power delivery on the motherboard is overheating and throttlingteh CPU your fine.

mark5916 1 point 1 month ago

You are perfectly fine with that board. :)