add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Crossfire Vega 64 with new Adrenalin update

jamesxali

14 months ago

So after installing a 1000W power supply in my buddy's build, I updated to the latest Adrenalin driver for him, which came out today. Everything went well until i loaded up Rainbow Six Siege to get a benchmark. It's only detecting 4gb of Video memory, when I know there's 16gb. AMD radeon settings confirms this. I have crossfire enabled, I've clean installed the AMD Radeon settings and the driver twice, i've tried rolling back the driver, i've checked for windows updates, messed with in game and AMD settings, nothing. Funny thing is, when i go into AMD settings and disable Crossfire, 8gb of video memory shows up on Siege. Running the benchmark for Crossfire on and off, i get the same exact results (250 fps avg). I can't figure this out as my scope of software and program knowledge isn't that good. I know the card is connected correctly, I checked all plugs, i've reseated the card, it's being detected by device manager and AMD settings, I know it's there. But for some reason it's not working properly. Activating AMD overlay on games confirms this - only 1 GPU is running, the other is in a "sleep state". I could really use the help here guys. I put the system together for him, I want him to get the full performance out of his investment. Thanks for your time. Ask anything

link to his build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dkJxQZ

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

Report it to AMD these things always pop up with new driver editions.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube