add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help! No post, all red LED's cycle | Parts list in post!

IcepickXIII

14 months ago

Hello everyone! I hope I can find some help here! First thing's first, here's my parts list: Click for list!

I should mention I'm a novice builder, so I may have borked something. To summarize, I had assembled my computer making sure to take necessary precautions like anti-static wristband and whatnot. Once everything was assembled and connected to the PSU and MOBO, I turned it on but it did not post. The MOBO's led's came on and at first it just had the VGA and BOOT lights come on, so I thought it was my GPU, which I should mention was purchased second-hand. After reseating the GPU, every attempt after that displayed CPU, DRAM, VGA and BOOT led's.

I've made sure all the connections are secure. Though, further investigation makes me worried my RAM truly is a bigger part of the problem here.

I seated my RAM in slots 2 and 1, which I interpreted the manual as instructing. Further research into the MOBO's manual says it does not support 3200 memory. Here's a direct excerpt from the manual:

"Support for DDR4 2933/2667/2400/2133 MHz memory modules"

I guess I wasn't aware that 3200 is supported as an OC speed, not a baseclock. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it but I thought it was worth mentioning.

If you guys have any tips for me to try out, I'll be extremely grateful. I really want to finally play some games on an updated rig!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

There are no comments.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube