add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
zachirl

6 months ago

Do I need to buy wires for the build or do all the parts come with wires? I just don't want to buy all of the stuff and then not be able to put it together because I don't have the wires.

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Assuming you're buying new:

Motherboards typically come with at least 2 SATA cables.

PSUs typically come with an IEC power cord (for AC input) and all the power cords for internal components, as explained on the product page.

Cases will have the connections to the motherboard headers. Typically, this includes the power button, reset switch, power LED, disk activity LED, front USB ports, and front audio.

Monitors vary in what they include. Usually you'll have the monitor's power cord (either a proprietary AC to DC brick and cord or just an IEC cord). Make sure they include the cable you plan on using between the monitor and display output from your system (VGA/DVI/HDMI/Displayport/etc.), whether you're going with integrated graphics or a dedicated card.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube