add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
zachirl

11 months ago

Do I need to buy wires for the build or do all the parts come with wires? I just don't want to buy all of the stuff and then not be able to put it together because I don't have the wires.

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Going to need a little more information than this. If you're referring to the power supply cables, when you buy a power supply it comes with all the cables you need, and usually a few you don't need... like Molex... not much uses Molex anymore. You CAN build your own cables, but unless you have experience with this, you'll need to watch a LOT of youtube videos to learn, or have someone experienced guide you through it. I built and sleeved all of mine. It's very time consuming. Another option is to buy them custom sleeved. This means you'll have the cables your PSU came with and the ones you bought. Or you can disassemble the ones that came with your PSU and sleeve those. But again, unless you really want to learn, it may be better to use the manufacturer's cables. Especially because if you get the wiring wrong, you can destroy your components. Happy to help if you want it.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

What I was asking is, "Are there manufacturer cables that come with parts." And I'm not entirely sure that this answered my question. But thank you anyway

[comment deleted]
  • 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok. Thanks

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube