add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My stupid mistake, Laugh or Help

Ivan101
  • 75 months ago

So I finished building my computer, got all excited to FINALLY play BF4, start trying to connect to the internet so I can get drivers and this notice popped up "Please insert ethernet cable" then I remembered that I never did check if my motherboard had WiFi, just assumed it came with the package... Anyway my question is does this motherboard http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128602&clickid=30jygl0XDVdw1NQWR3xpmU8BUkTTZxWtsxVdxg0&iradid=97618&ircid=2106&irpid=79301&nm_mc=AFC-IR&cm_mmc=AFC-IR-_-na-_-na-_-na have ANY wireless internet, or am I gonna have to foot the cost of a wired connection myself :( Would also like to know how to make ADATA ram post as 1600 mhz instead of 1333 mghz in the bios thanks in advance!!!

Comments

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

Your motherboard does not come with Wifi, you will have to purchase a separate adapter or use a wired connection. To make ADATA RAM post at 1600 MHz, it is relatively simple. If it is supposed to be 1600, just go into the BIOS (look around, it may be in advanced settings) and raise the RAM clock to 1600, which works 9.5/10 times for me. If it's supposed to be at 1333 (what shows up on its product page), then you may have to raise up the voltage a tiny bit. I would not recommend this if your RAM does not come with a heatsink (compare Corsair Value to Corsair Vengeance to see what I'm talking about).

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the reply, raising the ram clock didn't work but i'm gonna try the voltage in a minute

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

Careful not to raise it too much. More voltage = more heat. RAM is one of the sturdier components in your build, but it's not invincible. Unless you absolutely want the performance benefit (minimal) of 1600, I'd recommend leaving it.

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, I don't care to much about 1-4 FPS in a game

[comment deleted]
  • 75 months ago
  • 1 point

K thanks for the link, i'll put the card under consideration

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

Figured I could go ahead and ask you this since you already answered a previous question. So I went ahead and bought an ethernet cable, wired it to my desktop and waited for the internet to show up, of course it didnt show up with my luck, and i've already tried reboots of the motherboard, router, and modem nothing works please help again!

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

First, make sure that your computer is plugged into the ROUTER, not the modem. Also, make sure it is plugged into the LAN port. The connection should go like this:

Wall > Modem > Router > Computer

If this doesn't work, test your internet using a laptop or another mobile device. If it doesn't work, try rebooting your router. If it still doesn't work, this is probably a motherboard issue.

I would then proceed to reinstall the RealTek LAN drivers, and retest the connection. If it still doesn't work, your motherboard may be defective, and you may have to RMA it or buy a wireless adapter instead.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube