add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First pc build does not boot into bio

velcrro
  • 14 months ago

Ok so I have built my first pc which has been running into a lot of issues well to be honest just one. When I press to boot the computer everything turns on but nothing is being diplayed all the fans are working all the logos are lighting up but nothing comes on on the display so if you could help me that would be appreciated In this computer I have a I5- 8600k 16 gb of ddr4 ram Gtx 1080ti 550 watt power supply

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

Is your monitor plugged in and turned on? Is the monitor plugged into the motherboard or the GPU? Does you motherboard have any post problem LEDs?

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

the monitor has been both plugged into the gpu and motherboard and on both it has shown that the monitor cannot detect any signals. and my motherboard does not have any lights on it so the only thing i can connect to it is just a speaker

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Is the monitor new too? If so, do you have an old monitor you can plug it into to verify the monitor works? Did your cooler come with thermal paste preapplied? If not, did you remember to apply thermal paste? Other advice: Check all your internal cables to make sure none are loose or plugged into the wrong port. Try reseating the RAM and GPU. Try completely removing the GPU and running it as just CPU only. If none of those work it could potentially be your motherboard is bad.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

I recently finished my first build and was running into this issue as well. Everything was running, just like you say. But then i was getting no display at all. Was not communicating with the monitor at all. I took pretty much everything apart and realized that there could have been a chance that i didnt put the RAMs all the way in. Although im not sure if that was the root cause, it worked. -shrugs-.

Please let me know if this helps you.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube