add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Desktop all of a sudden became smaller

DerrickMullins
  • 14 months ago

Hey Everyone built my computer a year ago and has been amazing. Played games this morning and was great, then came back two hours later and my desktop became smaller. I went into settings and display and everything seems good but visually is smaller, any suggestions? Could it be driver crash or Video Card issue? Not sure I've hit a wall.

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey Everyone built my computer a year ago and has been amazing. Played games this morning and was great, then came back two hours later and my desktop became smaller. I went into settings and display and everything seems good but visually is smaller, any suggestions? Could it be driver crash or Video Card issue? Not sure I've hit a wall.

Did you check your display scaling in Windows 10?

• Windows Logo (START) > Settings > System > (Automatically is on) Display

And from Display there's Scale and Layout which says "Change the size of text, apps, and other items". I'm not certain what the percentage is on your end but maybe increase this until it scales appropriately to your monitor? Could also check under Advanced scaling settings if you need to tweak it more specific.

Or did the resolution change and it's not scaling appropriately?

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

I will give that a shot and let you know

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Yup, I already adjusted settings and still same result

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Yup, I already adjusted settings and still same result

So you already tried your Recommended scaling as well? As an example, my laptop uses Intel graphics with a 1920x1080 resolution but it's scaled to 150% (Recommend). So I don't have anything small nor struggling to read anything at the moment.

Is your resolution set as your Recommended resolution as well?

I don't know if this issue occurred with a Windows update either.

Have you also tried to Update your graphics drivers?

• Right Click on Windows Logo (START) > left click Device Manager >select Display adapters > and you should see your graphics here (Intel/NVIDIA/AMD Radeon and Update Drivers

If you already tried an update driver but says it's up to date then download your graphics driver first. Just do one of these only since whatever your monitor is connected to is what correlates to the graphics driver then. In this assumption it'll be your graphics card.

(Could also try doing this method since already in Device Manager - while still under Display Adapters with the graphics do Uninstall device which really means it's uninstalling drivers for the graphics. Assuming you have your graphics driver ready too. However, there's a more deeper clean method for graphics drivers if this doesn't resolve the small screen between Windows and with your monitor.)

When ready and knowing where you downloaded your graphics driver than download uninstall your graphics driver with DDU:

• DDU "Display Driver Uninstaller" need to select below with one of the Download Locations hyperlinks and should see a zip folder called [Guru3D dot com]-DDU dot zip.

Do a [Clean and restart] with DDU and when your computer reboots and is back to Windows 10 try reinstalling your downloaded graphic drivers.

See if this resets your resolution and scaling with Windows 10 between your graphics and monitor.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube