add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Pc will turn on but no video signal.

ScubaSubway

14 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kJnLBb So i build a pc, and when i turned it on everything seemed to be working fine all the cpu, gpu and case fans were spinning but i couldn't get any video signal with either hdmi or dvi. My motherboard has a red light showing that corresponds to vga, so i believe it to be a graphics card problem. Any suggestions?

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you connecting your Display Port or HDMI or DVI-D to the Radeon RX 570? Because connecting your Display Port or HDMI or DVI-D with the motherboard won't get a video signal because the Ryzen 5 2600 doesn't have integrated graphics.

And back to your main point: Your VGA LED (Graphics card status LED) means your graphics card isn't working properly. Maybe the video card needs to be physically uninstalled and reinstalled and do disconnect and reconnect the PCI-E 8-pin too. Of course having your computer disconnected from the Outlet/Power Surge/UPS first when reinstalling the video card and see if that gives a video signal when you are done and powering it back on?

You can also make sure your ATX 8-pin and ATX 24-pin is securely in too while you are redoing the graphics card. Sometimes a loose ATX pin happens in the process or just not quite fully connected.

Hopefully it's not a dud graphics card either otherwise it'll need to be returned. But first things first, see if you can redo the GPU installation and make sure the Display Port or HDMI or DVI Cable is connected to the Graphics Card's ports and not the motherboard.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube