add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fan issue with coolmaster H500 case

True_Noob

14 months ago

Hey guys I have an issue that I have noticed with my mobo and case fans.

So this case has 2 big fans upfront that are RGB. The case comes with a pig tail 3 way splitter for the fans and also another pig tail 3 way splitter for the rgb that will plug into my rgb header on my mobo.

So I have the 2 upfront fans connected to the 3 way fan and rgb pig tails. The fan pig tail is connected too the CHA-FAN 2 on my mobo and the rgb in to the rgb header.

When I go into my bios and check to see the fans, the 2 fans that plugged into CHA-FAN 2 are not showing up?

The exhaust fan shows up as connected to CHA-FAN 1 and also my Corsair AIO.

Am I not connecting these components right?? Any advice will help

Thanks in advance.

Mobo: Asus Maximus XI Hero wi-fi Case: Coolmaster H500

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

Figured it out, it was the cheap pig tail spiltter that the CoolMaster H500 comes with. Went to Fry's and bought a new one, all fans now appear in my bios.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube