add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Getting Overwhelmed With connecting all components to PWR Supply and Motherboard

CrossFarm
  • 14 months ago

Hey guys i just want to get a quick answer from you guys real quick.

Im getting overwhelmed with all the different slot sizes for plugging in various components to the Mother board and Power supply.

Generally speaking all you really need to do is make sure the plugs match the sockets correct? (i.e. and 8 pin hole socket will be filled by an 8 pin male end etc)

Can you give any tips on specific plugs that may give me a little bit of confusion so i can be a little prepped for them?

Heres my parts list for everything ive bought for my PC. let me know if this specific build may cause me any confusion (I feel like the RGB plugs might confuse me a little bit)

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tzhrfH

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Read the lables on the mobo or consult the manual.

Specific plugs: Power and power reset buttons, doesnt really matter what pin you plug them into, as long as its the right socke. Front Panle USB. If your case has usb 3.0 on the front, then make sure you use the usb connectors that say "USB 3.0". You can use them with 2.0 sockets, as they both have 9 pins, but if you use a usb 2 socket to connect a usb 3 port, then you will only get usb 2 speeds and vice versa.

For RGB connectors, just plug them into the socket that says "RGB" If your motherboard doesnt have an rgb header or if any of your components dont have an rgb male cable, then just let it be and the lighting will sync through the already connected cables.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Make sure your cpu fan is plugged into the cpu_fan on the mobo and not sys_fan or did fan pins. I did that. It was weird. Just take it slow and make sure things r plugged in all the way

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

I recommend watching the Tech Deals build video for his $1500 build from last year. It's excellent and will walk you through each step. Hard to mess it up. Have fun and good luck

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube