add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Compatibility Notes

FRUNkyo

14 months ago

not sure if im suppose to post here but im a noob that's trying to build my first gaming pc but I have 2 compatibility errors and I don't know what this means. can I still run this setup or do I need to change something?

-The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6.0 Gb/s port is disabled. -The motherboard M.2 slot #2 shares bandwidth with SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports. When the M.2 slot is populated with a PCIe-based M.2 drive, two SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports are disabled.

my generic pcbuild: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3JB3kd

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

not sure if im suppose to post here but im a noob that's trying to build my first gaming pc but I have 2 compatibility errors and I don't know what this means. can I still run this setup or do I need to change something?

-The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6.0 Gb/s port is disabled. -The motherboard M.2 slot #2 shares bandwidth with SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports. When the M.2 slot is populated with a PCIe-based M.2 drive, two SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports are disabled.

my generic pcbuild: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3JB3kd

It's not compatibility errors, it's giving you a heads up of what an M.2 SSD and an M.2 PCIe SSD installation will disable a SATA connector. To clarify better and basing on your motherboard:

• If an M.2 SSD is installed to M2_1 slot then this disables the SATA2 connector.
  • If an M.2 SSD is installed to M2_2 slot then this disables the SATA5 connector.
  • If an M.2 PCIe SSD is installed to M2_2 slot then this disables the SATA5 and SATA6 connectors.

So it's just a heads up to let any builder know some SATA connectors may be disabled when using a M.2 SSD or a M.2 PCIe SSD but there are no issues with your part list. You are good to go.

• 13 months ago
  • 2 points

thank you fort the clarification, goes along way for me since this will be my first gaming pc build. much appreciated

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

No worries and you are most welcome. Happy building!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube