add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

No video output from GTX1060 AMP!

AgneeshwarDas

14 months ago

permalink: https://in.pcpartpicker.com/user/AgneeshwarDas/saved/8xLLJx

Receiving no video out from the graphics card mentioned in the above partllist. I have an rx460 2gb from msi, that works just fine with the itx board in the partlist, but the GTX1060 6gb video card does not give any video out from the hdmi port(My monitor only has hdmi, no display port), and plugging the 1060 into the b450 gaming itx/ac at times does not even let the system post. My video card is not broke because I tried to install the gtx1060 in my old pc with athlon x4-870k and asrock a88m-g/3.1 motherboard and that works fine with hdmi port. No problem with the psu pci-e power cable either. I even updated the motherboard's bios thinking if that was the problem. I think it's a compatibility issue!?. If so, is there any way around this? I plan to buy an rx580 8gb if the 1060 does not work, is there any possibility that I would face the same problem? Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

So did you originally used a Radeon video card with this build and now trying to install the GTX 1060 6GB into this current build? Was there any clean uninstall to the previous video drivers? If you previously had a Radeon video card installed first than it could be causing conflict with AMD's Radeon video drivers with NVIDIA's GTX 1060. With the video card that does work on your computer download NVIDIA's GeForce drivers for your GTX 1000 series first so you have it ahead of time. Next is install DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and scroll down the page to locate "Download Locations". And when DDU is installed to the computer, do a Clean and Shutdown for installing a new graphics card.

Just a suggestion to try out. Best wishes to you.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the suggestion. I originally installed the GTX 1060 with this build. When it did not work I Installed the Rx 460 into the motherboard(it is a new build and fresh install of windows so at the time there was no NVIDIA/AMD specific drivers installed). Later when I installed Nvidia driver, the RX 460 gave video out even with only the nvidia driver installed. I will to do as per your suggestion.

Edit: I tried as you said, still no difference. But nevertheless Thank you.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the suggestion. I originally installed the GTX 1060 with this build. When it did not work I Installed the Rx 460 into the motherboard(it is a new build and fresh install of windows so at the time there was no NVIDIA/AMD specific drivers installed). Later when I installed Nvidia driver, the RX 460 gave video out even with only the nvidia driver installed. I will to do as per your suggestion.

Edit: I tried as you said, still no difference. But nevertheless Thank you.

Ah, that clarifies it further than. Sorry for my confusion there. Hm... I wonder if the PSU is having problems... do you have another PSU available to try again? (It may not be a wattage issue but more so just curious if the PSU isn't quite up to par).

Edit: But I also wonder how the card is being installed too... sometimes if the PCI isn't connected properly or being forced in a certain way and manages to disconnect the video card or possibly the PCI slot is forced too much, maybe need to make sure the screws aren't too tight. And I'm assuming you have the PCIE 6-pin connected too.

Or have you tried resetting the CMOS battery? (Needs at least a minute).

If have another PCIE 6-pin connector could try that out too. Maybe one of the PSU's PCIE 6-pin isn't working.

I may thinking left and right here, whatever comes to mind.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

I already tried everything you said here, I tried to power the card with '6 pin to 2 molex converter cable' that came with the video card, then I tried to power the video card with 1 psu and and the rest of the system with another psu; here as well the card is recieving power as the fans are spinning up, and otherwise it would have given a message saying 'please connect the pcie power cable to the graphics card'. Nothing worked.☹

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

I already tried everything you said here, I tried to power the card with '6 pin to 2 molex converter cable' that came with the video card...

I know you were just trying something at this point but certainly wouldn't need the 2 molex converter cable because sounds like the PSU (or any PSU that has a PCIE 6-pin) I checked on your list provides the necessary PCIE 6-pin so you wouldn't need the converter. But I get it, trying anything from this situation.

then I tried to power the video card with 1 psu and and the rest of the system with another psu; here as well the card is recieving power as the fans are spinning up, and otherwise it would have given a message saying 'please connect the pcie power cable to the graphics card'. Nothing worked.☹

So you still get power to the video card but no HDMI signal to the video card from the monitor? Is the monitor setup correctly?

Did you try another HDMI cable?

In the BIOS was the video already "auto" detects a video device or is it "forced" to be set directly from the PCI Slot that may display through your video card?

Have you tried reinstalling the RAM while clearing the CMOS battery? (Needs at least 1 minute.)

I'm uncertain as to what the issue really is since you were able to make it work on another motherboard (likely with a different PSU) but it cannot seem to display a video signal through the monitor's HDMI between your video card... You tried the latest BIOS, no change. You had an RX 460 had no problem either with the AM4 motherboard. A different PSU it sounds like but no video signal still through HDMI.

So either the video card isn't properly set in the PCIe_x16 slot or something may not be connecting right either - something could have been accidentally tampered with which is causing conflict or it can be compatibility issues for the motherboard between the video card. And would have to contact Zotac themselves and RMA the card to Zotac for being defective.

And just stick to what video card may work for the AM4 ASRock's B450 GAMING-ITX/AC motherboard which you already know what seems to work for now. Sorry, I wish I could be more helpful.

Very sorry for your situation. As I may not be seeing what the real problem is at this point.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for your concern. I have never faced this issue before. And, can you tell me if I would have any such issue with an RX580 8GB with this motherboard?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube