add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Extreme game lagging even with above recommended specifications

somar1995croft

13 months ago

Hi there !

I'm new to PC gaming , and have recently decided to build a modest PC based primarily on what will run a game I so want to play (Rise of the Tomb Raider , a 2016 game) on High . My PC specs are :

CPU : Core i5-7400 @3.00 GHz (4 CPUs) .

GPU : GTX 1050ti 4GB

RAM : 8 GB

Motherboard : ASUS H110M-R Rev X.0x

And to my shock , the game is extremely laggy , like , ridiculously so especially since it's way above its minimum requirements (I've even tried a 2013 game and its almost equally laggy) . I've looked a bit here and there and was told that there shouldn't be any bottleneck between my CPU and GPU (even tried the bottleneck calculator and it said that the CPU and GPU work great together) .

Any ideas ? I'm really baffled .

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Is the monitor plugged into the motherboard or the gpu?

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Um , I'm really sorry for the possibility of sounding stupid lol , but how could I know that ?

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

https://imgur.com/a/hQbjiZw this might help

[comment deleted]
  • 13 months ago
  • 2 points

I am more leaning towards that he has plugged his monitor into the motherboard instead of the gpu

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube