add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Boot drive not found

DeadApothicon
  • 13 months ago

So ive just changed out my motherboard and cpu from being AMD to being a better intel one (Asus prime z390-a and an intel i5 9600k). Build went smoothly and all wires are properly connected. However, when I go to turn it on it always boots to bios and says that the boot drive wasn't found even though windows was already installed on the hard drive i was using before. The hard drive is being found so i dont get why it won't go to windows. Any ideas?

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Try going into the bios and enabling CSM in the boot section of the menu. It will expand with more options. I just leave those as they appeared.

What kind of boot drive? NVMe in an m.2 slot?

I have the same MB and ran into a similar problem.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Make sure it is selected in the boot order. Just because it is recognized doesn't mean that it is trying to boot to it. You can also try tossing it in to your old build to make sure it still works.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube