add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

pc without a gpu but with a ryzen 5 2600 - can it run?

Davideko

7 months ago

So my friends graphics card hasnt arrived yet, but we want to already build the pc and install windows on it. Would that work? I know that the ryzen 5 2600 hasnt got any integrated graphics so I am unsure about it.

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 6 points

Sure if he knows the EXACT location of where all of the buttons and prompts are and has magically powers to connect his brain to the motherboard.

Outside of that, no since you need a gpu of some sort to have graphical output.

• 7 months ago
  • 3 points

Its like being blindfolded and you are rowing down a river. Can be done with boy a girl at your side.

Good luck

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

hahahaha

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

You cannot do anything without a GPU with a Ryzen 5 2600. It has no integrated graphics, therefore is unable to deliver video output to install windows,

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

You could borrow a GPU from another PC (or use an old one, if available) just to install it and then wait for the real GPU to arrive.

Helps if the GPU is from the same manufacturer. Uninstalling Nvidia/AMD drivers to re-install AMD/Nvidia drivers can be a pain.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

As maes mentioned above. :)

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Only as a headless server. Pretty pointless as a desktop workstation (you need the GPU+monitor). Although I somewhat surprised nobody seems to have ever built a ryzen monitor with built in graphics.

PS: I was going to make a joke about old standby "pre-Geforce256" (which nVidia called 'the first GPU') like the TNT, but I doubt most motherboards have the ancient I/O connectors for those things.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Absolutely not. The PC will run but there will be no display output as AMD Ryzen 5 doesn't comes with integrated graphics

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube