add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First time PC Builder. Help!

Numbers.dtr

13 months ago

Okay, so. I'm new to PC building and today I had just gotten another addition to my almost done gaming rig. I installed my G. Skill Ripjaws V 2400 (2 x 4GB) ram in my MSI Gaming Carbon Pro AM4 mobo. I don't have a graphics card yet, and I know that's a reason being for the debug lights to still display. I've checked to make sure everything is connected properly and I've gone by the manual. Everything turns on, except my monitor does not display the bios when I tap DEL on my keyboard repeatedly. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 2 points

Without a GPU or an APU (like Ryzen 2200G or 2400G with Vega Graphics), then the system cannot display anything yet.

• 13 months ago
  • 2 points

Thank you for your help. I had noticed it last night that my gpu led was on. And it had still gone over my head because my entire motherboard was lit up red. So, until I get my gpu, that's all it'll take to boot it up! Since I have a Ryzen 5 1600X, I forgot that it's not an APU.

• 13 months ago
  • 2 points

thunder is right...I built my first PC a couple of weeks ago, and decided to plug in to check for POST before installing the final components (including GPU). Didn't get a post, nothing on the monitor. Freaked out at first...lights were on, fans spinning, so I was wondering what the heck was wrong. Then I realized I didn't have any internal graphics with my hardware. Went ahead and installed the GPU, and bam - got my POST. So no need for concern.

• 13 months ago
  • 2 points

Thank you so much. I was panicking thinking I had done something wrong. I have a Ryzen 5 1600X and I had completely forgotten that there are no onboard graphics unless the cpu were the ones you had just stated. Thank you guys!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube