add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

No Signal to Monitor

W1ll_P0wer
  • 14 months ago

I recently moved and then went to setup my PC in the new place but it seems to boot up with lights, however, my PC is not giving a signal to my monitor. Lights on the motherboard, GPU, and case are coming on and it sounds like a normal boot up, but no signal. I'm sure it's not my monitor because it works when I connect my PS4 to it. I think it might the GPU but not entirely sure. My next conclusion would be the processor or motherboard, but those seem fine. Any advise? Thanks!

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

May sound dumb, but is it connected to the GPU, and not the motherboard?

If you have another monitor or TV, you can also try plugging in your PC to another display.

Also, sounds like your PC has worked fine before. Maybe something has been disconnected in the PC during transit? I would try reseating the GPU, the RAM sticks, the ATX power cable, 8-pin EPS cable, and the GPU power cable.

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

Make sure the EVERYTHING is properly connected. Power from wall to PC, power to each component, video cables, etc. Make sure that everything is properly seated. Things like the GPU can come slightly undone during a move. Try a different monitor and different ports and different cables to rule out as many things as possible. Try some of these and get back to us with the results.

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

Thanks for all the advise. I was able to get a display back after re-seating the GPU after work last night. Whew, thought I had to replace a part. Thanks again!

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Is the computer accessible over the local network? Since this happened after moving the computer, I'd remove and re-seat the GPU, then RAM and check all power supply cables (especially to the GPU), and as a last resort removing and re-seating the CPU.

Is it the same monitor as was working in the old location, or is it a different monitor?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube