add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Computer won't boot with graphics card.

Brasdos

13 months ago

I am using a 9700k and 2070. The 2070 wasn't going under load and completely underperforming, so I tried to reinstall the drivers. My pc crashed midway and wouldn't boot with the display port plugged into the graphics card. It will post but windows won't load. The only way to get in windows in through the integrated graphics. I used ddu to clear the drivers and reinstalled the drivers multiple times in different configurations. As soon as I plug in the gpu the screen just goes black. I also have been clearing the cmos each time it try. What should I do next? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you 100% positive that EVERYTHING is plugged in correctly? 99% of the time with problems like these (even for myself) the cables just are plugged in all the way. Make sure that the video cable is going to the GPU and not to the on board video. Do you have any spare parts you can test with?

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for replying. The gpu is getting full power, and is detected by the system. It was working fine earlier, but not since. The only thing I changed was redownloading the driver. I can get it to boot with the integrated graphics but not with the gpu. I have run uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, but no luck. I don’t have any spare parts.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Try completely removing the GPU from the machine and then booting with integrated graphics. Wipe every spec you can find of Nvidia drivers from the machine. Once that is done reboot with the integrated graphics to ensure that it is still working. Shut down, plug the GPU back in and try booting with that. See if it picks it up at all.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you sure your getting full power?

If your PSU is old and not able to push enough amps through it'd be why your system is not working on the GPU, you use the most power at startup and especially whilst gaming and other intensive tasks.

• Do you have access to another system to test the GPU?
  • Do you have access to another newer or more powerful PSU?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube