add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help with corrupted files

stat.logic

13 months ago

Hi there,

I posted a while back about having random system crashes and I think I found what's causing it, I just need help fixing it. I went and checked the system logs for and errors that came up and I found 3 of them. However one seems to be the one causing my crashes after doing some reading up on this. The "GLedApi" seems to be corrupted and I just need some help fixing the corrupted file.

Thanks

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

I would try to also source out the cause of the problems. Have you ran a memory test like memtest86?

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

did a RAM test, still had freezes regardless of speed, even ran stock (2133). The file in question is a system file and as stated in post, people seem to be getting freezes with this file being damaged/corrupted.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

If you used some sort of in system RAM test like memtest64 it’s upposed to freeze and hang. If it can through with lots of errors it’s possible the RAM corupted that file.

To fix it backup files and reinstall windows.

• 13 months ago
  • 2 points

Update: Not the RAM, did a test for 20 min with no errors and then it crashed. I think it's the gigabyte software, so I'm gonna uninstall and reinstall and see if it clears the issue

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll try this, thanks

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube