add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

From 1060 to 2060

GameNoobies

7 months ago

For the title, Fellow pcpartpicker,

Is it worth to upgrade?

Is the 2060 can do 1440p?

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Is the 2060 can do 1440p?

Both can do 1440p it is just a matter of one gives higher frame rates or higher quality settings or a mix of both.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Just wait for the rumored 11 series cards. If rumors hold true they should be cheaper because of lack of RT stuff. The 1160 should preform same as 2060 with less cost

Also those tensor cores are almost useless on the 2060. Not enough of them to get good quality with the gimmicks.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Also those tensor cores are almost useless on the 2060. Not enough of them to get good quality with the gimmicks.

The Tensor cores handle any compute workload bringing NVidia back up to at very least parity for anything that can leverage Async compute, AMD does the same with their ACE units.

The compute cores/engines are why power draw is higher on both AMD and Turing since you cannot leverage the cores well they are offline so manufacturers run them always on.

But they are not useless on either companies products.

The RT cores can also function as compute cores as well but require software specifically targeted at using them so they can be nearly useless.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't hold your breath for a 1160, why would Nvidia undercut their own new product so soon?

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Is the upgrade worth it? IMO no but its a personal preference. Yeah, the performance will be better but not enough to buy a teir better card. A better upgrade would be a RTX 2070/2080 but the price is pretty high. I'd just wait a few months and turn off the fps counter on the 1060. If they release 11 series cards and the price is around $250 then sure. For $350 when the 1070TI was $399 a year ago no. This card seems to be a better upgrade from a 960/970 or something.

• 7 months ago
  • 0 points

my answer will be no like if you want to upgrade then upgrade it with 1070 or 2070. Then you were able to see huge difference in performance. from my point of view i will not upgrade from 1060 to 2060 as there is not a huge performance difference.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

The 2060 is shown to perform, at times, near 1070 Ti levels, so it most certainly would be an upgrade.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I wonder where the 2070 sits now, would you consider it a bad choice?

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

It is a little bit better performance wise but not nearly enough to justify the price increase.

Its always like this with the cut down models like 1070vs1080, 56vs64, 470/570vs480/580 the cut down models are significantly cheaper and don't lose much performance.

Now whenever NVidia launches the 2070ti based off of the 2080 then they might have something interesting but right now the 2070 needs a price cut.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Overall from 1060 to 2060 is not worth but 1060 to 1070 ti better? Because in my country the 2060 price is near 1070 ti. 2070 is a bit high but less than 1080 ti.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube