add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

monitor randomly shuts off

gabuie
  • 13 months ago

I'm not sure what's wrong with my computer it's either my drivers or the GPU/motherboard(pls no). Whenever I'm playing games for some reason it does it. I'm not good with computers at all and i'm not sure what to do

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Does the monitor come back on? Are ALL of the cables connected properly and completely? Are the cables and monitor known good? Meaning can they reliably be used with other devices? Is it only a certain game or all games? What do you do to get it to come back? Does it happen during general use?

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

To add to what he has said, have you recently upgraded a part in your PC? Overclocked or changed voltages in the BIOS?

Does the LED light on your monitor go out when your screen goes black or does it stay on? If it stays on, then it's not the monitor, it's something within your PC. Most likely the GPU..

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Its not the gpu. I literally just bought a new gpu because a few friends told me it could be the cause but ita having the same issue. Its a new computer i just built it not too long ago. I never had issues with playing games until recently. EDIT: the monitor light does not come off but the monitor is off

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

yes everything is connected properly. i asked a few friends they said it could be my GPU. i bought a different one and i'm still having the same problems. i only does it whenever i open up a game. i hope it's not a problem with my motherboard which i doubt because i'd have problems with it sooner, right?

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

What GPU's did you try? What are the specs of the rest of your system? If you can give specific brands and models that would be great. Have you tried that monitor with other devices? Other monitors or TV's with the PC?

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bPHrfH this is my build. I got the evga geforce gtx 1070 sc as my new gpu. No i haven't tried the monitor with anything else and I don't have another monitor to test out

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Can you borrow a monitor from a friend or neighbor? Do you have a laptop or console to try the monitor with? Do you have a TV or any other sort of screen that you can try out?

Test as many of the parts that you can with a known-good spare. Let me know what you find out.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't actually. The gpu kicks up whenever that happens so i don't think it's the monitor

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube