add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help, my new built pc doesnt display it on monitor

hozan2
  • 13 months ago

Specs: Gigabyte b450m ds3h GeForce gtx 1060 6g Gaming. x Phanteks p350xx AMD Ryzen 5 2600

Screen wont turn on, what am i missing? Photos here : https://imgur.com/gallery/rpJmCDe

I have plugged in 2 cables into the PSU The 2x6 one And the other right beside that

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

So did it display screen before or is this the first time you turned it on with no screen?

I had the exact same thing happen to me with my build days ago. I wanted to puke after all the money I threw at it. In the end, I took off the CPU to discover that one of the tiny hair-like pins that the CPU lays on were bent and touching another pin. I took a magnifying glass and tweezers to move it and just like that everything worked just fine.

Other things to check first:

Ram in the correct slots? Try taking one ram out. Swap. See if that results in picture. Motherboard properly installed? The metal underneath not touching the metal case? CPU fan plugged in? (Mine would still work w/o fan, but I guess some work this way. Make sure GPU is in motherboard nice and tight. Remove GPU and plug into motherboard HDMI to see if that's the culprit.

That would be a start, good luck!

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

https://imgur.com/a/kmnv5sp Does the motherboard sit good? I tried the ram and the GPU, i really think i have almost no connectors or something

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

what i meant by "sitting good," is that sometimes the PC case will have a couple of screw mounts already in, or the person working on computer puts some in by accident where holes aren't needed. Then when they rest motherboard on top they forget it's resting on said metal mounts because there's no holes to see them through. It can end up touching components underneath.

Did you try hooking up to motherboard driectly instead of GPU? Motherboard should have an hdmi input.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

by the way, look up on youtube "pc build starts but no video," and that will help. It helped me.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

I tried everything only not the motherboard thing because i dont have the screws for it

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube