add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Query on wether compatibility will be an issue.

HardenedGoose
  • 13 months ago

Heyo. New user and I got a pickle.

So it's come time for me to finally upgrade my 7 year old rig, not to something that will future proof it for a decade but enough to play most games for the few years to come comfortably and I opted out for a Ryzen 2600 to replace my i7 2600k. However when using this site to test for issues between the new motherboard I am buying, the ryzen and the watercooler I currently run. I get this error

'The Corsair - H90 94 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler may require a separately available mounting adapter to fit the MSI - B450-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard.'

I will be buying the following items.

-MSI - B450-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard

-Ryzen 2600

I am guessing this means my AIO watercooler doesnt have the required mount for AM4 chipsets? I still have the original packaging for my watercooler and inside is a mount which I am guessing is for AMD cards, but I am unsure if it will fit and don't want to upgrade til this uncertainty is gone.

Cheers.

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

AM4 didn't exist 7 years ago. How old is the AIO? If it's more than a couple years old, I'd be inclined to replace it anyway. The 2600 has a decent stock cooler, or you can run a nice little air cooler like an M9a. It really doesn't need water cooling.

If you want to stick with the H90, you'll probably have to get a separate AM4 mount kit. It shouldn't cost much, maybe $10 or so.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

I bought the AIO late 2017 for christmas I think. If I do need a seperate mount got a good website where I could find some on? Preferably australian distributor since I live there and all.

It wasn't a second hand cooler however

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Googling "corsair H90 AM4 mount" turns up several possibilities, with one very plausible one being corsair.com itself... :-)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube