add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PC won't do anything after building

smokscreen_145
  • 13 months ago

Parts list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8jtDV6

I finished building the PC tonight but when I try to turn it on, nothing happens.

When I turn on the PSU, the RGB on the motherboard IO Shield comes on but nothing else happens. When I press the power button on the case, nothing happens. No fans are spinning including case, CPU, GPU, and even PSU. While building, I accidentally dropped a screwdriver on the motherboard but don't see any physical damage whatsoever. Also, I don't have any storage installed right now because, for whatever reason, I thought mSATA would work in M.2 and haven't gotten the adapter yet. I figured I'd at least get a response from my computer without it.

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Did you put in the front panel connectors in the correct order?

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Front panel connectors are in correct order.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Im having a feeling either the motherboard or power supply could be DOA. Unless you have spare parts on you to test this out, then you won't know which parts are actually dead. I had a t3500 system die on me despite still having the mobo light on. Changed the power supply, ram and cpu but no luck. Switched out the mobo to a replacement board I bought on ebay and it worked out fine in the end

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

I ended up returning both PSU and mobo today for replacements. I plugged in my PSU outside of the case and got nothing. No fans spinning and no response (with eco mode off so fans are supposed to spin always). I'm pretty sure PSU was dead and add mobo for good measure. I'll let you know how it goes after I get my replacements.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Try shorting the power switch header on the motherboard

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Tried shorting but nothing happened.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube