add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Xbox 360 Slim pc build

G_rot777

11 months ago

Planning to build a computer into an Xbox 360 slim shell. I want this computer to be capable of playing Mortal Kombat X. So far I've gutted the Xbox (it was already dead) and planned a rough layout. I want to use an external brick and keep the look of the Xbox (no holes and nothing protruding outside of the case). My main concerns are: price, gpu, psu, and the front panel. Price I want to keep relatively low because I might sell the finished product to a friend, hence why a requirement is it to play Mortal Kombat X. PSU is a concern because I don't want to go with something cheap and risk it catching on fire. I've heard PicoPSU's are really good, but I want a reliable brick as well. The GPU is a concern because there's not really any room for one. I had an ATI Radeon 7570 (single slot low profile card) sitting around just to measure and it's gonna be tight to get something larger in there. The main thing I've been pondering is the front panel button. I am really against putting in a stupid button. I like the look of the touch sensor button. If I could wire that up somehow that would be really dope. If not I might just use the pairing button to the lower right of it, only if it resorts to that. I might even use a mini Arduino to do some cool lighting stuff.

Has anyone taken on a project like this? Pictures would be appreciated.

If you have any questions or something wasn't clear feel free to ask.

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/rfdXsY

This would be a good place to start. I don't know much about casemodding myself, but this would be a good starting point I imagine.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I saw this guy's build, it's quite impressive. I'm going to try to get in touch with him and ask him a few questions before I start. I want to know how he got the touch sensor power button to work and how he did the arduino for the light bar. Also the xbox one is bigger than the xbox 360 slim so I cannot use the same exact layout as him. Hopefully he can help me out.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 11 months ago
  • 1 point

I will definitely upload it once it's complete. This is definitely a side project atm due to school so it'll be a bit.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube