add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help figuring out of my monitor or gpu is bad

gamester21
  • 13 months ago

I just finished my first build, and I’m having a problem that whenever I go full screen on any game my monitor will go black for about 3 seconds make a loud click noise (I think it’s coming from the speakers?) and then it will turn back on. But then moving around in games in full screen it will randomly start doing this, and it will do it when I do certain things in game. If it helps, I tried hooking my computer up to the both TVs in my house, and both times it would either not output any video that the TV could detect. Or it would show up on the screen, I could get into the bios and exit the bios just fine, but then it would go to load into windows it would flash random colors, and then the screen would just sit on black indefinitely. My build is CPU: AMD R5 2600. GPU: Powercolor RX580 Red Devil. Mobo: Asrock Killer SLI/ac X370. RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) 2666mhz Crucial Ballistix sport LT. PSU: Corsair 550W 80+ bronze. Monitor: AOC G2460VQ6 Does anyone have any ideas, I’m pretty sure it’s the graphics card, but I want some other peoples opinions.

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Try a different monitor if you can. Try a different output port on your video card. Try a different output standard.

I had a port go bad on an old amd card, but it worked fine on different port for the rest of the life of the PC.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm going to order a displayport cable on amazon and see if that fixes the problem, because currently I'm using a HDMI cable for my monitor which has a 75Hz maximum refresh rate. But currently I have it set to 60Hz because 75Hz made no difference and if it did make a difference it made it worse.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, I tried uninstalling the Radeon drivers and doing a clean install of them. I also tried the newest drivers and I also did the previous newest drivers for it too. Neither of those things fixed the problem

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube