add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New Upgrade Gone Bad

NoMoreHaircuts

13 months ago

Hey everyone, I need your help.

I saved up for a year and recently made the jump from a GTX970 4b card to a GTX1070ti 8gb card. I was super excited to see what I could get out of my new card, but I've been puzzled by some pretty poor performance. I was hoping to make my next purchase a 144hz 1440p monitor, but trying to play Battlefield V last night I was lucky to get 60 frames at just 1080p on an old Acer monitor.

I would love some advice, because this is a pretty big bummer for me. I have some funds floating around, about $500 that I was going to spend on a new monitor which I can dedicate towards tightening up this rig and getting it to a better spot.

Parts List (Old Build, still have all the parts): https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bJQwsJ Parts list (New Upgraded Build): https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MJZ6gw

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 2 points

Turn down the graphics settings to medium or low, are you still in the 60's? If so it's probably the CPU. BF5 is more heavily threaded than older game engines and the 4 cores / 4 threads in the 7600K is probably hampering it a bit.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube