add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NEED HELP WITH A WORK/GAMING COMPUTER

SilverBackGames

4 months ago

My budget is 400$ and I am looking for a rig that can run all auto desk programs and adobe designing programs with ease while being able to maybe game on the side. I am a major in drafting and design and I am not real sure on what I should get. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Even if you do not need a windows license included, it will be a stretch to build a decent rig at $400 which runs Autodesk and Adobe products with ease. Though we might be able to offer direction of you have an idea what size and type of projects you'll be undertaking. Also, have your academics offered any advice on build requirements to undertake you course work?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

$400 is not much to work with. I'd save up to get a stronger computer. If that is not an option, you could give this a try.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor $99.47 @ OutletPC
Motherboard MSI - B350 PC MATE ATX AM4 Motherboard $85.49 @ Newegg
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $54.64 @ OutletPC
Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $44.89 @ OutletPC
Case Fractal Design - Focus G (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $49.67 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair - CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $39.99 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $404.15
Mail-in rebates -$30.00
Total $374.15
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-16 12:20 EST-0500
  • 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I bet that will not even boot as listed.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Why's that. If you are referring to the bios update, amd will send a unit to do the update.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

B 350 board.

You should of used a 2X4gb set of 3000 memore but it dont matter his budget is to low anyhow.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

updated comment

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes eventually they will.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube