add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

2600 or 2700?

ZFGeek

6 months ago

which Ryzen CPU is better performance per dollar? I want to game with it, but I don't stream.

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 5 points

2600x or 2600, I’d you don’t do anything beyond gaming.

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

Well, if you only plan to game. Then it's better to spend the extra $100 on a better GPU than a CPU. Whats you budget for a new build and are you planning to build an entire new system or adding some components?

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, I'm keeping a GTX 970 in my PC, just moving to Ryzen. I do some gaming and 3D modeling at 1080p 60hz, but thats it.

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

If you are keeping the 970, then either CPU will perform the exact same in gaming.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

I am switching from an FX, and have a total budget of 700 USD for the entire upgrade.

• 6 months ago
  • 4 points

Huge performance upgrade all around within your budget.

Plus a free game with the CPU and another with the GPU, if you place any value on those games that is.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor $164.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard ASRock - B450 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard $75.90 @ OutletPC
Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $100.98 @ Newegg
Video Card Zotac - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB GAMING Video Card $349.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $711.86
Mail-in rebates -$20.00
Total $691.86
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-16 11:16 EST-0500
[comment deleted]
  • 6 months ago
  • 2 points

2600 recently going for 160 is an amzing deal

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

If you are only going to game with it, then a 2600 is better, and you can use the extra $100 or so to get a better GPU

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

If we compare price to performance ratio between intel and AMD then the ryzen series will be the winner as Ryzen CPU has better price to performance ratio than intel

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube