add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Just 2 questions.

EmperorStorky
  • 13 months ago

Hello everyone,

Can I connect a fan control of my case and the sata power of my Ryujin 360 on the same sata power of my 2 hdd's? and in what location I put the connection of that cooler, CPU_OPT, CPU_FAN or where else?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 2 points
  1. Yes, you can connect a fan control of your case and the same sata power of the Ryujin 360 IF you have free sata power connectors. A bunch of them should be attached to one cable, one after another, so you can connect it to one of those if it's not being used by the SATA port.

2. The cooler position for the Ryujin 360 would be the CPU_FAN. You want to connect the fan control to SYS_FAN, NOT CPU_OPT (stands for optional) or CPU_FAN. If you connected the case fan to CPU_FAN, it would change speed based on the CPU, whereas you want to be able to control it, so connect the fan control to a SYS_FAN slot.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you sir.

It's my first build so I'm very excited even I am 37 years old haha.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Great! Building a PC is really fun and when I first built my first one it was really fun and challenging. It only gets easier from there =)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube