add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First PC build, turns on but monitor says “no signal”

LiliRegina

13 months ago

This is my first PC build and it’s taken hours to build and I am getting desperate.

Part list https://pcpartpicker.com/user/LiliRegina/saved/#view=ybqZRB

The PC has a blue light that turns on when I press the “on” button and the cpu cooler turns on.

I’ve checked that all the cables plugged into the motherboard are in all the way.

Some cables might be in the wrong place because it’s my first time building a PC.

My Graphics card seems to be in all the way but it has no holes for a PCI-E cable.

I’m pretty sure I put the CPU in properly.

The standoffs for the motherboard were already screwed in.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Plug the monitor cable into the graphics card instead of the MOBO. Your CPU does not have integrated graphics, so nothing is being sent to the MOBO outputs.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for your time! I plugged it into the graphics card with an hdmi cable I bought at Best Buy but it did not work.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube