add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need some input, bad motherboard, cpu, or dunno.

ravenszpak
  • 13 months ago

Here is the link for my build https://pcpartpicker.com/b/BGWXsY

Two days ago I moved the desktop from my basement to my living room. When I went to boot the pc, the poor thing wouldn’t even post. A q code of “00” and I can’t even get to the bios. Looking for input.

I did have two different shops take a look. Both are pretty sure it’s the motherboard but are unable to confirm since neither have a space lga 2011 v3 cpu or motherboard.

I really don’t want to throw much more money into troubleshooting this only to find out I need a cpu and/or motherboard. Especially with new chips around the corner. Any suggestions are welcome.

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

I assume the shops uncabled everything from the PSU and put it back together again, just in case it was a bad cabling connection? If they didn't, try that.

I've read of at least one instance in which q code 0 was a bad cooler pump that made the mobo think that there was no cooler connected or some such thing. Also, you could try pulling the CPU entirely and re-mounting it. I assume you've already tried removing and re-installing the RAM sticks.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Did not think of the ram. Re seated the cpu, checked the psu and all connections. Considering changing the cmos battery as well. I will double check the cooler connections.

One shop mentioned that the cpu was not warming, temp wise, when turning the power on and not posting.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

If you don't get anywhere then I would indeed suspect a bad motherboard, especially after moving it.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "General > General Discussion" to "Systems > Troubleshooting".

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube