add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can i get some help with drivers please

Kenulous
  • 13 months ago

I was getting a few different BSOD's such as memory management and something about corrupted pool of some kind which i looked up and determined that the symptoms matched perfectly. Anyway ive decided to just hard reset my PC and im back on it fine now with wiondows and ive downloaded basic stuff such as my antivirus's (bitdefender and malwarebytes) and got some drivers for my mouse/keyboard and downloaded geforce experiance again for my gtx1080. i am somewhat confused as to what drivers i need to install and what i should be doing straight away, as in do i need to install a motherboard driver again like when i first built my computer or is that outside of the in windows reset option entirely? my motherboard is the gigabyte z270 gaming 7 motherboard ( https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z270X-Gaming-7-rev-10#kf ) which comes with sound software which i had installed before but cant even find anymore and im not sure what else i should be doing...

Edit: I am also very confused about the sound software, when i rin its setup wizard it says that it cant find a supported product on my pc and tells me that i can try again at a later point...

Edit: sound software is sorted, still no idea if i need to install other drivers for the motherboard though...

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Download the graphic drivers straight from NVIDIA, it will automatically detect and install the right ones.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

i dont want to sound like an *** but this is not relevant to my question or even useful, geforce experience is just a better option. notifies you when new drivers are available and installs and uninstalls old drivers at the click of a button... it also allows you to optimise games for your GPU and other nice stuff, has no bloatware or downsides as far as i can tell.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem, when I said drivers I thought it was implied GeForce Experience. Either way if you already have it installed, I mean, cool.

Anyway ive decided to just hard reset my PC and im back on it fine now with wiondows and ive downloaded basic stuff such as my antivirus's (bitdefender and malwarebytes) and got some drivers for my mouse/keyboard and downloaded geforce experiance again for my gtx1080. i am somewhat confused as to what drivers i need to install and what i should be doing straight away, as in do i need to install a motherboard driver again like when i first built my computer or is that outside of the in windows reset option entirely?

Somehow when I read this I thought you were having issues with the graphics drivers lol. Clearly I misunderstood, hopefully others answered your question.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you been here and looked at this list of what needs downloading for your motherboard?

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z270X-Gaming-7-rev-10#support-dl-driver

In the Driver OS: window, select your operating system.

If you're confused with all of the selections, just look at the date and download the newest driver(s). As in, +Audio has two versions listed, download the newest (the one listed at the top). When you click on +Chipset, you'll see a number of drivers there, just download the newest, the one at the top of the list.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube