add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Upgraded current system cpu now system won't boot

Kezi9
  • 13 months ago

I just upgraded my system cpu from a amd phenom 2 x6 thuban 2.8ghz to the fx 8350 4.0ghz everything went smooth until I tried to boot up and nothing.. Lights come on fans spin no indication of error at all.. I tried clearing cmos nothing, I removed the on board battery nothing. Swapped ram around tried different video hook ups the works I can't figure out the deal.. There was a little thermal paste that I accidentally got on a couple pins but I cleaned that all up with isopropyl alcohol completely clean no residual and I don't believe any got down into the motherboard socket. What else am I not trying to get the boot screen to kick on? For full system specs it's my "current build" on my profile for convinence I will say my motherboard is the Asus M5A99X Evo Rev 1.01.

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 2 points

What was the bios version of your motherboard?

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

I thought it was pre-installed with the correct bios for the Fx series however I haven't tried that yet so I'll check thank you!

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Your motherboard launched before the fx series. So you might have an incompatible bios. It is quite easy to fix if you still have your old processor.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh boy.. I didn't realize how out of date my bios was.. V0705 now upgrading to V1708... o_o

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

The bios version that supports the fx 8350 is V1604. So I think your problem is now solved.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes it is, thank you legomaster for the assistance! :D

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube